1. By entering The Fire Fighters Charity Raffle, eligible participants agree to be bound by these Raffle Terms and Conditions.
2. This Raffle is being promoted by and on behalf of The Fire Fighters Charity. The individual designated by the Charity as having responsibility within the Charity for the promotion of the raffle is Dr Jill Tolfrey, Chief Executive Officer. The Fire Fighters Charity, Level 6, Belvedere, Basing View, Basingstoke, RG21 4HG.
3. The Fire Fighters Charity is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 5035.
4. Monies raised by this Raffle will support the general work of The Fire Fighters Charity. Charity registered in England & Wales (1093387) and Scotland (SC040096).
5. The Fire Fighters Charity Raffles are administered by Sterling Lotteries, our External lottery manager, on behalf of The Fire Fighters Charity.
6. The Fire Fighters Charity Raffles are open only to UK residents aged 18 and over. Any person who has entered a Raffle who is under 18 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a person under 18 years old is found to have participated in The Fire fighters Charity Raffle after the draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
7. The Raffle is not open to employees of The Fire Fighters Charity who are directly involved with the running of the Raffle, subsidiary companies or any company involved with running the Raffle.
8. In the rare case that we are unable to hold a Raffle draw on the scheduled draw date, we have the discretion to delay the Raffle draw, if in our reasonable opinion it is impractical or not possible for the draw to take place on the originally scheduled draw date. Where a draw is delayed or postponed, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of this and to let you know the proposed rescheduled date of the draw. We will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of postponing the draw.
9. You agree that if you win a Raffle prize, we can use your title, surname and county of residence to announce the winners on https://www.firefighterscharity.org.uk.
10. Participation in a Fire Fighters Charity Raffle costs £1 per entry. Tickets are limited to 50 tickets per supporter per draw.
11. All Raffle ticket sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the Raffle does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
12. Participation in The Fire Fighters Charity Raffles can be made by returning ticket stubs in the post with appropriate payment (cheque payable to 'The Fire Fighters Charity' or debit card details) or through this website with payment by debit card where you will be advised of new ticket numbers. Online entries can be made at www.firefighterscharity.org.uk. We regret to advise that credit card payments are not accepted.
13. All tickets will be entered into the draw when the whole payment is received.
14. The Fire Fighters Charity accepts no responsibility for tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
15. Details of raffle draw dates and early bird draws will be available at www.firefighterscharity.org.uk and on the tickets and mailing.
16. Any tickets received after the closing date will be treated as a donation.
17. The prizes available for any raffle will be as described at www.firefighterscharity.org.uk and on the tickets and mailing.
18. The Fire Fighters Charity reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non-cash prizes acquired for the for a Raffle similar prize at The Fire Fighters Charity’s absolute discretion.
19. If a cash prize is awarded, this will be paid by bank transfer or cheque made out strictly in the name of the entrant.
20. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator (software RNG certified by a Gambling Commission approved test house).
21. The result of a Fire Fighters Charity Raffle is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep the ticket or allocated number as proof of purchase.
23. Where The Fire Fighters Charity is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following The Fire Fighters Charity's first attempt to notify the prize-winner, The Fire Fighters Charity may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in future raffles.
24. The Fire Fighters Charity shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by The Fire Fighters Charity or the member from time to time.
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by The Fire Fighters Charity for the administration of the lottery.
- any delays or failures in the Banking system used by The Fire Fighters Charity or the member.
- any refusal by The Fire Fighters Charity to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a membership.
- any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- any event beyond the reasonable control of The Fire Fighters Charity.
25. Nothing within these Terms and Conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and The Fire Fighters Charity.
26. Any complaints relating to a raffle should be sent in writing to The Fire Fighters Charity giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. The Fire Fighters Charity has a written procedure for dealing with complaints, a copy of which will be made available upon request or upon making a complaint. If the complainant does not feel that their concerns have been fully addressed by The Fire Fighters Charity’s internal complaints procedure, they can refer their complaint to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service (IBAS) at no cost to the complainant.
Independent Betting Arbitration Service (IBAS)PO Box 62639LondonEC3P 3AS0207 2475883www.ibas-uk.com
27. The Fire Fighters Charity is committed to protecting the members’ privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and is used solely for the purpose of processing Raffle chances, subsequent entry into the Raffle draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize.
28. Any member has the right to access the information held by The Fire Fighters Charity about them. To obtain this information, please contact The Fire Fighters Charity in writing.
29. The Fire Fighters Charity will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without express prior permission.
30. In the event of any dispute regarding these rules, the decision of The Fire Fighters Charity shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
31. The Fire Fighters Charity reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If The Fire Fighters Charity does this, it will publish the amended rules before the same take effect.
32. The Fire Fighters Charity reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
33. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
34. Fire Fighters Charity Raffles are a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Be Gamble Aware National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website www.begambleaware.org
35. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to The Fire Fighters Charity at the address above.
36. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and The Fire Fighters Charity and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.